1. When picking up orders from our facility the Kinon sheets will be shipped flat and will be crated. Because our standard size sheet is 5ft x 12ft the dimensions of the crate will be 154”X 68” with a maximum 21″ height. If you have negotiated and ordered custom sized sheets the crate will be approximately 10” longer and 10” wider than the largest size sheet dimension. The crates are built for fork-lift loading and unloading. Use proper sized fork-lift forks when lifting crates. Do not try to elevate a crate with forks less the 50% the length being lifted. Trucks picking up the material need to be able to accommodate for the crate size. The crates are not waterproof so the truck taking the crate must be able to protect it from natural elements. The crates should be secured so they do not slide during transit. The truck cargo doors must be able to close for safe travel. Our loading dock height is 44″. Weight of the crate will vary depending on the material and quantity of panels. Crate must ship flat. Do not stack objects heavier than 500 lbs on top of the crate. It is recommended not to stack if possible.
2. Kinon should be shipped and stored prior to application in a temperature-controlled environment so the material does not exceed temperatures below or above 45°F – 110°F (7.22°C – 43.33°C) and kept out of the elements. When shipping by sea or air freight, use of a temperature controlled environment is recommended. When shipping by sea freight optimal temperature and humidity within the container would be set between 65°F and 82°F (18.33°C – 27.77°C) <45% humidity. Excessive temperatures and temperature changes can cause degradation of multiple facets of the material.
3. Kinon composites to MDF are intended for interior applications and should not be exposed to extreme levels of humidity and temperature variation.
4. Kinon Ultra Cast with inter-coat is suitable for shower walls and wet applications, it is waterproof. However, it is not intended for a sauna, steam room or hammam, extreme temperatures over 130°F and temperature variations can cause aging and oxidation.
5. All Materials Age and Oxidize. Fresh Kinon will come lighter toned then the aged sample that you have. The materials will age to the colors of the samples you have overtime.
6. Kinon Ultra cast and Ultra Cast with inter-coat are not structural and should be adhered to a suitable structural substrate.
7. Any order being picked up at our facility will require a minimum 25′ truck with standard dock height loading capability of 44″.
8. Do not apply any protective films outside of manufacturers recommendations. Should you need to purchase protective film please contact us directly.
9. Ultra Cast, Ultra Cast with inter-coat, Mold and KCD Panels are not true 5ft x 12ft dimension. Actual usable size will be 58-inch x 143 inch (1473mm X 3632mm). Ultra Cast thickness will be 2.5mm +/- .5mm. Some Mold & KCD’s patterns will require 3.mm to 3.5mm +/- .5mm, so get a confirmation from your representative on the thickness.
10. Standard Crate for panels is 153”x67”. Crate must ship flat. Not Stackable.
11. Do not Mix and match different lot materials. Use material for the intended project to ensure that material will age at the same rate.
12. Shipping not included.
1. Store Kinon panels on flat even surfaces of equal or greater dimension to itself. Our crates are designed and built for the proper storage, and are the best example to emulate if you need additional space for their storage. To best flatten any Kinon Ultra Cast surface from improper storage, place Kinon on a flat even surface in direct sunlight at 60°F + for 30 to 40 minutes. Do not place anything on top of the surface during this procedure.
2. Do not put heavy or hot objects on top of Kinon surfaces.
3. Cut Kinon with laminate grade saw blades and router bits.
4. Daily cleaning for grime and fingerprints spray with recommended Kinon cleaners and wipe with microfiber cloth.
5. Standard Polishing (Factory Standard 2020): to remove light scratch polish at 1300 rpm to 1500 rpm with a wool bonnet using Farecla Select Compound followed by polishing with Farecla Advanced Plus Compound to achieve factory level finish. Repeat sequence as needed.
6. For deepest scratch removal possible without causing serious finish modifications and to remove router marks from trim router, sand with 3M Trizact Foam 1000 + water using a random orbital sander. Then follow standard polishing steps from point 15.
7. To remove excess contact adhesive, protective film residue, stubborn grime, nail polish, or marker, wipe using microfiber cloth with acetone or Kinon Sanitizing Cleaner with proper gloves, respirator and ventilation. Then follow points 14, 15 & 16 above as necessary.