1. When picking up orders from our facility all 5' X 12' and smaller panel dimensions require a truck with a minimum 16' closed cab and a standard dock height loading capability of 44". Standard 5' X 12' and smaller panels are shipped in 154”X 68” crates with a maximum 21" height. Weight will vary depending on the material and quantity of panels. Crate must ship flat, non stackable.
2. International shipments must use AIR FREIGHT METHODS ONLY, NEVER SHIP BY SEA.
3. Always ship, store and use Kinon in a temperature controlled environment so the material does not exceed temperatures below or above 50*F - 80*F (10*C - 26.6*C) and kept out of the elements. Excessive temperatures and extreme temperature changes will cause rapid aging and degradation of multiple facets of the material.
4. All materials age and oxidize. Fresh Kinon® will come lighter toned than the aged sample that you have. The materials will age to the colors of the samples you have overtime.
5. Kinon Double Cast is not structural and should be adhered to a suitable substrate.
6. Kinon panels are handmade and have multiple shade, texture and pattern variations. Expect small holes and/or pores on surface.
7. Do not apply any protective films outside of manufacturer’s recommendation. You will receive Double Cast with our protective film. After removing film, clean material with Meguiar’s Last Touch Spray Detailer D155 using a microfiber cloth. If there is residue from the film’s adhesive, polish with Festool 5010 using a buffing machine at medium speed.
8. Do not mix and match different lot materials of any light and white colors (white, beige, gray, silver). Use material for the intended project to ensure that material will age at the same rate.
9. Double Cast, Mold and KCD Panels are not true 5ft x 12ft dimension. Actual usable size will be 58in x 143in (1473mm X 3632mm). Double Cast thickness is 2.5mm +/- .5mm. Mold & KCDs 3.5mm +/- .5mm. Get confirmation on thickness from your representative.
1. Cleaning and Polishing Materials (there are no recommended alternatives)
● Meguiar’s Last Touch Spray Detailer - for daily cleaning
● Microfiber cloths
● Festool 5010 compound - for light scratch & scuff removal
● Lambswool bonnet
● 3M 36045 compound (same lambswool bonnet type) - for deep scratches
● 3M Trizact wet sanding 1000/ 3000/ 5000
2. Cutting Materials (always make test cuts)
● Laminate grade saw blades
● Test your spindle & feed speeds when cutting using a CNC machine
● Use wood grade drill and router bits when drilling a hole or routing out excess material
● Always pre-drill when screwing fasteners into Kinon
3. Laminating Materials
● Our factory uses 3M 94CA Clear contact adhesive with 3M Accuspray-one Gun using the 1.8mm nozzle. Make sure you have applied enough adhesive coats to both the Kinon and the substrate before laminating. Follow 3M Specifications.
● Make sure surface is clean and free of oil, dust and debris. You don’t want to telegraph!
● When laminating a light color Kinon, make certain to paint the wood substrate with a white latex primer and allow