Cutting w/ Circular Saws
- Kinon® will cut cleanly with standard woodworking tools such as various types of saws including table saws, sliding table saws, miter saws and hand-held track saws.
- Simply use laminate-grade blades.
- Examples of saw classifications to use are shown below.
- After cutting a wood substrate like MDF or Plywood surfaced with Kinon® seal the exposed wood. This is standard practice for any laminate wood composites. The most standard effective known methods of sealing the wood are as follows:
- Edge-banding with PUR Adhesive applied with an edge bander, a standard edge-banding PVC, acrylic, or Kinon® Ultra Cast™ color and pattern to suit your design.
- Alternately apply an epoxy or urethane sealer, clear or color to suit.
- For large exposed wood surfaces such as the back of a panel MDF, plywood, particleboard, or wood door surfaced with Kinon® on one side laminate a desired HPL or Kinon® Ultra Cast™ with a PUR adhesive on the opposing side. This will significantly improve balancing and sealing performance. Never leave exposed wood edges or surfaces. Wood expands and contracts excessively if unsealed. Unsealed wood leads to several issues with the wood and materials adhered to it.