Cutting w/ Router Bits
Hand-held router or CNC machine
- Kinon will router with handheld routers for standard lamination trim removal or cut your parts with a CNC machine. Use your router profiles of choice that fit your desired designs.
- After cutting a wood substrate as MDF or Plywood surfaced with Kinon® seal the exposed wood. This is standard practice for any laminate wood composites. The most standard effective known methods of sealing the wood are as follows:
- Edge-banding with PUR Adhesive applied with an edge bander, a standard edge-banding PVC, acrylic, or Kinon® Ultra Cast™ color and pattern to suit your design.
- Alternately apply an epoxy or urethane sealer, clear or color to suit.
- For large exposed wood surfaces such as the back of a panel MDF, plywood, particleboard, or wood door surfaced with Kinon® on one side laminate the desired HPL or Kinon® Ultra Cast™ with a PUR adhesive on the opposing side. This will significantly improve balancing and sealing performance. Never leave exposed wood edges or surfaces. Wood expands and contracts excessively if unsealed. Unsealed wood leads to several issues with the wood and materials adhered to it.