Shipping & handling
2. Kinon should be shipped and stored prior to application in a temperature-controlled environment so the material does not exceed temperatures below or above 45°F – 110°F (7.22°C – 43.33°C) and kept out of the elements. When shipping by sea or air freight, use of a temperature controlled environment is recommended. When shipping by sea freight optimal temperature and humidity within the container would be set between 65°F and 82°F (18.33°C and 27.77°C) <45% humidity. Excessive temperatures and temperature changes can cause degradation of multiple facets of the material.
3. Kinon composites to MDF are intended for interior applications and should not be exposed to extreme levels of humidity and temperature variation.
4. Kinon Ultra Cast with inter-coat is suitable for shower walls and wet applications, it is waterproof. However, it is not intended for a sauna, steam room or hammam, extreme temperatures over 130°F and temperature variations can cause aging and oxidation.
5. All Materials Age and Oxidize. Fresh Kinon will come lighter toned then the aged sample that you have. The materials will age to the colors of the samples you have overtime.
6. Kinon Ultra cast and Ultra Cast with inter-coat are not structural and should be adhered to a suitable structural substrate.
7. Any order being picked up at our facility will require a minimum 25′ truck with standard dock height loading capability of 44′.
8. Do not apply any protective films outside of manufacturers recommendations. Should you need to purchase protective film please contact us directly.
9. Ultra Cast, Ultra Cast with inter-coat, Mold and KCD Panels are not true 5ft x 12ft dimension. Actual usable size will be 58-inch x 143 inch (1473mm X 3632mm). Ultra Cast thickness will be 2.5mm +/- .5mm. Some Mold & KCDâ€™s patterns will require 3.mm to 3.5mm +/- .5mm, so get a confirmation from your representative on the thickness.
10. Standard Crate for panels is 153 x 67. Crate must ship flat. Not Stackable.
11. Do not Mix and match different lot materials. Use material for the intended project to ensure that material will age at the same rate.
12. Shipping not included.
Installer qualifications: The fabricator must demonstrate successful experience installing architectural woodwork, wall paneling or cabinet making depending on the nature of the project. A balancer may be required on the reverse side of the panels. As our material is prefinished, the installer is responsible for any and all touch up. The installer must review our fabrication processes in the Technical section of our website to understand how to cut, adhere, clean and maintain or repair.
DELIVERY, STORAGE AND HANDLING
If various size pieces of Kinon Ultra Cast are stored be sure to maintain a flat, even and clean surface beneath each piece.
When transporting fabricated Kinon panels from one point to another make certain you
take precautions to protect edges, corners and surface. Use standard practices with
cardboard, felt, blankets, and protective film to ensure safe transport. Use only
protective film provided by Kinon Surface Design Inc. Contact your Kinon Sales
Representative to purchase protective film or felt. Corner guards, cardboard and
blankets are regularly available in the worldwide marketplace.
Do not deliver or install material until the building is enclosed, wet work is complete and HVAC system is operating. Building should maintain temperature and relative humidity at occupancy levels during the remainder of the construction period.
Do not install until normal lighting conditions exist. Normal lighting conditions are described as those in place when the project is finished.
Walls, ceilings, floors and openings must be level, plumb, straight, in-line and square before installation.
Do not expose materials in continuous direct sunlight, nor in extremes temperature and humidity. Material shall be conditioned in the environment in which it will be installed for a minimum of 72 hours prior to installation.
The recommended environment is 65 – 82 degrees F (18 – 26 degrees C) and <45% relative humidity.